Day Two

Day 2

Today I woke up on the hard wood floor. It was surprisingly comfortable. I’ve heard a firm mattress is supposed to be good for your back. This wood plank floor is about as firm as it gets.

I remembered that Andrew was going to teach me how to mine, so I immediately jumped up and ran out the door. Wait, the door? There wasn’t a door! And wait, there is a table and chair and what looks like it could be a work bench! I ran back out and looked around for Andrew.

“Andrew, where are you?” I yelled.

“I’m over here, um, I don’t actually know your name!”

I ran over to his voice and said breathlessly, “My name… is… Fireh… gasp… Andrew, did you put some stuff in the house?”

Immediately, I gasped for the second time.

“Andrew…? Did you build all of this?”

My voice was filled with wonder and awe as I looked around the spacious mine, covering about 50 feet in all directions, including going down.


Andrew said to grab my pickaxe, so I did. And guess what? He ran off and jumped down a small hole. I ran after him and crawled down the chains that were hanging and going down the dark, deep, and dank hole in the mine.

It was a smelly hole that went on for about 100 blocks before abruptly stopping on what seemed to be a glowing blue grass. There were all these little neon blue mushrooms that seemed to be pulsing along with the grass. I plucked one right off of the ground and admired it. Since it had been uprooted, the pulsing of the color started getting duller and duller, when finally, it stopped.

I heard a groan and some clacking, almost like random notes were being played on a xylophone. I put my pickaxe back in my wormhole pocket (which was easier than it sounded), and pulled out my sword (this was also easier than it sounded) and got ready to attempt to fight for the first time. I saw a figure a little smaller than me walk out of the shadows.

With my sword, clenched in my hands so hard I thought the grip might snap, I got ready to swing at whatever monster came my way. My palms were sweaty, my knees were shaking, and I was still going to try to defend myself from the evil beast coming my way. That’s when I saw it. A bony creature staring at me with its beady red pupils.

I called out for Andrew. I wanted to know if he was hurt or just out of earshot. I was hoping for the latter.

He responded with an “I’m busy” and I yelled back at him,
“Come here, Andrew! I need help! Whatever you’re doing can wait a minute!”

I heard footsteps and pretty soon I saw Andrew in the same place the Skeleton was. Probably because he saw it, cut it down into about one hundred pieces, and collected the hook-like object from it in two seconds flat.

“Thank you, Andrew!”

“No problem, Fireh.”

“By the way, what the heck was that?”

“That, my friend, was a Skeleton”

“That explains the bones, and noise it made.”

We made our way back up to the first floor in the mine, when Andrew said,
Now I’ll teach you how to mine.”

I took my pickaxe back out of my pocket (or inventory as Andrew started to call it last night) and did what he told me to do.

“Now just hit a block until you break it, then touch it to collect it. It will be in your inventory where you can take it out a build with. You remember how to build, right?”

“Uh, yeah, I think so. Just place a block of building material wherever you want, and it will appear there.”

“Correct. Now try to beat this obstacle course.”

Andrew snapped his fingers and a strange-looking tile came through the floor in front of us. He said that when I stepped on this, it would transport me to the obstacle course. So, I guess this weird tile is a teleporter? That seems kinda cool. I asked him how he made one on only the second day we’d been here, and he said,
“A Guide never reveals his secrets. Ask me why and to that I’ll reply the same thing.”
I hesitated, but finally asked why.

“A Guide never reveals his secrets. But there’s one thing I’m supposed to tell you right now: Collecting more health might make a Nurse move in.”

“Where would the Nurse move in, though?”

“That would be your choice.”

I thought it would be cool to have a Nurse, so she could heal any wounds. I decided that it was time to go back up to the surface and start building a house for the Nurse.

Andrew and I went back up, but to our dismay, it was already sunset. We thought it would be better to build during the day, so we wouldn’t have to fight all the nighttime monstrosities. We made our way back to the tiny little house quickly and shut the door behind us.

Andrew made two beds for both of us. I honestly don’t know how he did it without any sort of loom, but I don’t care as long as I don’t have to sleep on the floor again.

Goodnight, Diary. I’ll see you in the morning and hopefully, I can convince Andrew to teach me how to fight, so I can defend myself.


Oh, he saw me writing this and agreed to it! He says he will teach me how to fight with some different weapons. I can’t wait! It’s time for me to go to sleep in my new comfy bed, so I’ll see you tomorrow!