Day Four (Part One)

Day 4

(Part I)

­­­­Goooood morning, Diary. Today I woke up in my bed, for once. I was wrapped in my blankets like a human burrito. I tried getting out of bed, only to fall out and bump my head. I had to call out for Andrew.

“Andrew! Andrew!! Help, please.”

He casually walked inside and used his magic wand to make me float upwards to where I was standing on my feet. The blankets that were wrapped around me slipped off like someone was taking a sweater off of me.

Andrew took a swig of a blue-colored potion, and was glowing for a second.




Oh, and yes, I said he was holding a magic wand. I asked him where he found it and he said, “I was just exploring a cave while you were dead to the world. I found this in a golden chest in part of an underground library.”

“Woah… can I try it?”

“Sure, but I doubt it will work.”

He handed it over and I thought magic thoughts, to try to make the magic projectile appear. Nothing happened, so I tried again. Again, the room was silent.

“I knew this would happen.” Andrew stated, chuckling under his breath.

“You need some Mana, if you want to be able to use any magic at all.”

“And how do you suppose I get… Mana?”

“You have to go outside at night and collect Fallen Stars.”

“That seems like it would be complicated,” I said, with a puzzled expression on my face.

“Not really,” Andrew explained. “You just walk around at night and look around. If you see any glowing light, go to it and pick up the Fallen Star that has crashed to the ground, while hoping you don’t get killed by the many, many, many monsters that only come out at night.”

“Sounds easy enough,” I said sarcastically.

We decided that if I were to go out after dark, I would have to fight off the monsters of the night, so we ran down to the training area Andrew had made yesterday. We trained hard all day, and Andrew taught me how to fight with a sword, and with a bow and arrow.

When the sun started to fall down the horizon, Andrew and I took a break and got ready to search for Fallen Stars. Suddenly, Andrew’s eyes turned bright white. A purple burst of energy filled the room we were in, and unexpectedly, a cuboidal helmet was in his hands. Andrew gave me the dark red helmet, and said that I was worthy of it.

“You have shown great courage in attempting to up your Mana level. Not many others have wanted to do this, having only a couple days, even being here. May this helmet protect you from the evil that lurks in the shadows, and thank you for letting me bestow this upon you.”

And just as soon as it had happened, Andrew’s eyes turned normal again, and he said,
“Woah, you got the legendary Ruby Helmet? Congrats, Fireh!”

I put it on and immediately felt the results of it. I felt powerful, stronger than usual, and very energetic.


I looked out the window next to the door and saw that it we were now in the hours of darkness. I took out my wooden sword and Andrew and I ran outside to begin our search to find Fallen Stars.


(To be continued...)